Why Join MCAR?
When you join our Association you enjoy some of these many benefits;
- The right to use the term REALTOR®
- Enforcement of Professional Ethics and providing for Mediation and Arbitration of monetary issues.
- Governance – maintaining of REALTOR® standards, adherence to bylaws.
- Policy liaison from state and national associations.
- Newsletters and magazines to keep you informed.
- Education sessions on timely topics.
- Networking capabilities at membership meetings.
- Legislative – dissemination of information on political issues in your industry.
- Lobbying – retention of mortgage interest and health insurance deductibility, no sales tax levied on your commissions.
- Social events.
- NJR Circle of Excellence Sales Award as well as other designations.
- Community Service and involvement.
- Public relations – to members and to the community.
- REALTOR® supplies – forms, booklets and publications for your everyday business existence.
EDUCATION AND PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
- Offer courses that meet the New Jersey Real Estate Commission Continuing Education requirements for license renewal
- Low registration fees
- Opportunity to pursue NAR designations and certifications locally (i.e., SFR, ABR, etc.)
- Partnership with The CE Shop where members can earn NJREC CE credits online and receive a discount on cost. Visit the website: http://middlesex.theceshop.com/and click on NJ.
- Offer required REALTOR® Ethics Training to promote high ethical standard of conduct within the REALTOR® profession
- Required Online Orientation of new members
- The Community Service Committee is involved in activities that provide members an opportunity to give back to the community
PROFESSIONAL STANDARDS, GRIEVANCE, ARBITRATION, MEDIATION AND OMBUDSMAN
- Ombudsman Services for the public
- Save in court costs and legal fees through mediation and low cost arbitration
- Process ethics complaints from members and the public
- Arbitration disputes heard by the Professional Standards Committee
MEMBER SERVICES AND COMMUNICATION
- MCAR website - www.metrocentrerealtors.com
- Inform members on events, education and real estate news through our weekly e-newsletter Spotlight on Middlesex County Association of REALTORS®
- Quarterly print newsletter The Middlesex Commitment
- Periodic surveys done by Executive Officer to check on what members want from their Association
- Provide timely information that addresses current issues.
- Volunteers sought to serve on the 12 standing committees
- Installation of Officers and Directors
- Business Card Exchange to socialize and form relationships with other members
- Exposure to affiliate members at events
- Fun RPAC Fundraising Events
- Discount at REALTOR®.org Store. Use promo code MC5 at
www.realtor.org/store and save 10%
- Discount at REALTOR® Team Store. Use code MIDDLESEX at
www.realtorteamstore.com and save 5%
- Tenant Reports.com $5 discount on bundle tenant screening reports
- NJR® Circle of Excellence Sales Award®
- NJR® Distinguished Sales Award
- NJR® Quarter Century Club Award
- REALTOR® of the Year
- Lifetime Volunteer Award
- Contributor Awards for Affiliates
- Scholarships offered by MCAR to members or their relatives through the NJR® Educational Foundation
Take pride in being a REALTOR®. Display the REALTOR® logo on your business card and stationery. Proper uses of the logo can be found on the attached
*On Your Mark* pamphlet.